Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Melbourne Adventure Day 3

SHOPPING DAY! I was meant to meet MTYP & Celeste at 10 am, but surprise surprise, Cel couldn't wake up (-.-') and MTYP was a little late, so I hung out at the State Library. It was really cool inside - I like how the tables are arranged to form a 'sun', and how there is a chess room, and also how there are balconies filled with shelves upon shelves of books that I don't think you can get to. (I know it sounds abit Duh! We are talking about a library after all.. - but take a look yourself, you'll see what I mean.)

Victoria State Library


See the sun arrangement? And check out those bookshelves behind the balconies!


The Chess Room!

Then I went to have Japanese lunch with MTYP at Chocolate Buddha, but it was closed, so we killed some time at the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV). There was a book sale there, and a wonderful HEATED timber plank spot on the floor. Felt so good! :) We both had Gyu Ramen for lunch. (Miss Celeste Tan was still asleep at this point of time.)


Gyu Ramen

After lunch we made our way to the station, but stopped halfway to look at a basker. He was very entertaining, picking out random people in the crowd and pretending to be them or making fun of them. To a man who was carrying his little girl on his shoulders: "Wow there Sir, you must be very proud, what a beautiful daughter growing out of your spine!" and to a man pushing a pram: "See that man there pushing his pram? Yep yep, that's him, I bet he's now wishing he had a more expensive pram." It was good fun, but not if you were victimized =/ MTYP and I had to wait until he got distracted and then ran for it - we were so scared of him!! lol.

Headed down to one of the 3 DFOs (Direct Factory Outlet) located at South Wharf. It's like Harbour Town, but bigger and waaay more crowded. The line in Supre/Cotton On was unbelievable! I couldn't be bothered waiting, and the fact that I had 3-4 layers of clothing on that I had to take off and put back on after trying out clothes was too much of a hassle! Grr. >=/ I don't know how most girls can tolerate it..ended up buying myself only a jacket and couple of tanks. Cel could not believe I was even shopping and in her words, 'wearing accessories not given to me by a boyfriend'. But it's been 3 years man - there's gotta be some change! Lol. (And yes, Cel woke up just in time for shopping. :P)


DFO, South Wharf

Had tea at Lindt Cafe after, where Cel had macaroons, MTYP had choc cake, and I had Dipping Strawberries! *nyumnyum* There we had a really good time of catching up - Cel & MTYP haven't changed much at all, I feel. :) After tea it was dinner at Rose Garden - authentic Malaysian! OMG, spicy beans & minced chicken with rice never tasted SO GOOD. *mmmm* And that was only 1 dish out of their Top 10! Would've liked to go back again, but didn't have the time. But had time for Freddo's again though (I dunno how I managed that, I swear I must have grown an extra stomach for dessert or smth..=X), this time I tried chocolatey gelato - Nutella & Roche! Both awesome flavours. :)


Dipping Strawberries with Assorted Platters (Butterscotch, Candy & Nut, Dessicated Coconut)


Spicy beans & Minced chicken on rice. :D''' *slurp*

This was the night I travelled back to Tiff's by myself - it was cold, dark and scary! Plus my direction skills aren't that great, especially not in Melbourne! But I'm glad to say - I made it without any dramas(with the exception of getting off one stop early which meant I had to walk extra)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment